Never Too Late postponed until further notice. See here for more details. [Updated 2 April 2020]
🔔🔔 BIG NEWS! GIRLS ROCK LONDON PRESENTS Never Too Late, our music camp for women, trans and non-binary people aged 18+. 🎸🎹🥁.
Registration is now open for the bank holiday camp, where you will have the opportunity to:
- learn the basics of an instrument (choice of electric guitar, bass guitar, drum kit, synthesiser or electronic drum pad)
- join a band
- write an original song – and
- perform it at a live gig…all in four days!
Come along to pick up an instrument for the very first time or brush up on your playing, meet new people and rock out!⚡⚡
With mentoring and guidance from our large team of instrument tutors, band coaches and camp staff, this is a challenging and fun way to spend your bank holiday weekend.
Graduates of our previous camps have gone on to form new bands, record their music, tour, entered music competitions and more.
Testimonials from previous GRL Rock Camp attendees:
✨ “If you have never had the confidence or the drive to pick up an instrument you wanted to, this place will give the platform, the people and the beautiful community to do it in.”
✨ “It was the most exhilarating and inspiring weekend of my life. I just want to keep creating and performing music.”
✨ “I think I’ve learnt more about music and creativity than any music or art class in the formal education system. Every member of the team blew me away with their approachability, friendliness, knowledge and skill, encouragement and guidance.”
There are only 18 slots available so make sure to register your interest as soon as possible. CLICK HERE to sign up. If you would like to discuss anything further or have any queries, please email email@example.com.
Activities will include:
- instrument tuition sessions
- songwriting sessions with your band coach
- lunchtime gigs featuring performances from women, trans and non-binary musicians currently working and performing in the music industry
- workshops on a range of song-writing and performing skills
Dates of Camp: 22nd – 25th May (inclusive)
Venue: Berger Primary School, Hackney
Never Too Late is supported using public funding by Arts Council England.